LADIESFUND® (a vehicle of DGF) was established in 2007 as an initiative to provide financial security to women and to promote and train women entrepreneurs. It aims to integrate the entrepreneurial needs based on the economic and social aspects of the local communities, with respect to greater women participation in the workforce. We have 12,000 women and youth members [800,000 + “friends of facebook fans”] who have physically attended events and are audited by Ernst Young Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder. Our mission is to connect Pakistani women professionals and entrepreneurs to each other and the best of local/national/international resources and opportunities; educate them on best business and entrepreneur practices; and inspire them with success stories and heroes. We are also recommending women to the Finance Minister and World Bank for Board Seats of Pakistani organizations.
Short and Long-Term Objectives of LADIESFUND®:
- Economic voice for women of Pakistan through:
- Nominating women to Board Seats to the Finance Ministry
- Training women to be on board seats
- Helping women register their companies
- Helping women list companies (if relevant)
- Working with State Bank of Pakistan to encourage banks to give 10% of their loans to women SMEs and become the Nominating Partner/Pipeline
- Acknowledging and Celebrating Women achievement at the LADIESFUND Women’s Awards
- Making these Awards the top Women’s Awards in South Asia
- Training women entrepreneurs through LADIESFUND Entrepreneurship Conferences
- Networking and Business Building opportunities through Power Women Lunches and Get-Togethers and Speednetworking
- Nominating women to Board Seats to the Finance Ministry
- Voice in media for women of Pakistan (through Educate a Girl mission 1000 vocational scholarships at Institute of Journalism)
- Educating girls through:
- Bachelors Scholarships at Iqra University
- Vocational Scholarships (stated above) – 500 funded so far
- Building an Endowment of 100 M for sustainability and deepening structures.
Objective of Corporate Membership:
In addition to individual membership, LADIESFUND Corporate Membership which is open to industry-leading enterprises with interests in connecting with the urban women professionals and entrepreneurs. Demonstrate your company's commitment to women and become a Corporate Member of LADIESFUND. Corporate contributions are critical to LADIESFUND’s ability to present its world-class events and programs. In return for your generous support, enjoy the many advantages that accompany Corporate Membership. Benefits of basic corporate membership include outreach to potential clients for your business. Corporate membership will also include invitations and VIP seating to the LADIESFUND Women’s Awards for Pakistan, LADIESFUND Entrepreneurship Conference, and 10% off LADIESFUND women power networking and other events that are appearing in the LADIESFUND calendar. They may also include exclusive VIP invitations to LADIESFUND Patron dinners with people of influence and diplomats as well as to special events in town.
We have had formal endorsements from:
- President of Pakistan Mamnoon Hussain
- Former Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz
- Former Minister for Foreign Affairs Hina Rabbani Khar
- Former Pakistan Finance Minister Dr. Abdul Hafeez Shaikh
- Ambassador at Large Zia Isphani
- Former Ambassador to the UK Qader Jaffer
- Former Ambassador to the US Sherry Rehman
- Chief Minister of Sindh Qaim Ali Shah
- Former State Bank of Pakistan Governor Yaseen Anwar
- Sindh Minister for Women Rubina Qaimkhani
- Former State Bank Governor Dr. Ishrat Husain
- Imran Khan, Chairman Pakistan Tehreek Insaf
- HRH Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- HRH Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- Canadian President Stephen Harper
- Canadian Ambassador Greg Giokios
- Former Canadian Minister for Status on Women Rona Ambrose
- Former President of Maldives Maumoon Abdul Gayoom
- Former Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard
- Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago Hon. Kamla Persad-Bissessar
- Former Vice President Taiwan Madam Annette Lu
- British Deputy High Commissioner John Tucknott
- Former British Deputy High Commissioner Francis Campbell
- Former British Deputy High Commission Robert Gibson
- Former US Consul General’s Wife (Head of USAID in Pakistan) Dr. Marilyn Wyatt
- Indonesian Consul General to Karachi Rossalis Adenan
- German Consul General to Karachi Dr. Tilo Klinner
- French Consul General to Karachi Francois Dall’Orso
- Former French Consul General Christian Ramage
- Swiss Consul General to Karachi Didier Boschung
- Deputy Head of Mission at the Canadian Embassy USA Deborah Lyons
- Honorable Minister of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh Dipu Moni
- Ambassador-at-Large, Secretary’s Office of Global Women’s Issues U.S. Department of StateMelanne S. Verveer
- Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs, S. Department of State Robert O. Blake
- Andrew Forrestt the Richest Man in Australia
- Gina Rinehart the Richest Woman in Australia
- Lisa Scaffidi, Lord Mayor of Perth, Austalia
- CNN Global (covered 5th LADIESFUND Women’s Awards 2013 for Pakistan)
- BBC World (partners for 5th LADIESFUND Entrepreneurship Conference 2014)
Shaheen KhanKhanz Designs
Through LADIESFUND®, I was able to find a buyer for my ‘I ♥ Pakistan t-shirts.’ Today, we source a variety of merchandise to vendors because of the connections we’ve made through LADIESFUND®. I also was paired with mentor Pomme Gohar who helped me refine my line and now my kameezes are sold at many multibrand stores throughout Pakistan.
Rukhsana RehmanAyan Motors
Attending LADIESFUND® events gave me the strength to believe in myself and my dreams, quit my job and open my own car showroom. I love the freedom of being my own boss and seeing my vision for work come to life.
I just graduated from MAJU and was debating whether to take a job or become an entrepreneur. LADIESFUND® guided me to key successful mentors in the export-important steel business that is my passion so I could both learn from them as well as perhaps work for them before starting on my own. This advice and connection has proven invaluable in my journey as an entrepreneur.
Fatema AhmedBeauty Unleashed
I wanted to attend a true Student Entrepreneurship Conference to showcase my brand as a student entrepreneur but couldn’t find one in Pakistan. When I emailed my concern to LADIESFUND®, within 5 months they had organized one and put me in change of stall coordination! It was one of the most challenging yet great learning experiences of my life and I am so impressed by their ability to make things happen and get people involved. My line Fashion Unleashed was introduced to a whole range of new clients through this opportunity.
I’m a Gold medalist from University of Karachi and I shared my experience as a LADIESFUND® Student Advisory Board member Head of Sponsorship when I applied for my first job and I got it! Working at LADIESFUND® helped teach me how to get sponsors, how to market, how to convince people while always being polite, which were factors that employers really respect and ensured I got my top choice of position.
Amir AdnanFashion Designer
Being a panelist at LEC 2010 was a great experience and a wonderful platform to connect to hundreds of students. I was amazed at the number of people who came and the excitement around entrepreneurship. I even engaged for projects 3 of the students who attended LEC!
I met my new PR agent at a LADIESFUND® Event. We got to talking and I realized immediately she would be a perfect fit to handle our NGO’s media relations.
Fareeha MohsinDainty Cake Crafts
I met multiple clients for my cupcake business at the LADIESFUND Speednetworking Luncheon and I even got an extensive interview at InStep (The News) after the event.
Sumeha KhalidIdeas Events PR
I got a new client from LEC 2012. We were just speaking at the networking tea following the conference and the next thing I know, she hired us!
I was so happy to see how many people loved our clients and to get new clients and fans at LEC 2012
MahiddaHandicapable Student Entrepreneur from SCEI
I love it when people come to the stall and buy our stuff.
It was an exquisite experience for me to be part of LADIESFUND® and was an amazing journey from scholarship to internship to LEC and finally back again part of LADIESFUND® Womens Awards as a volunteer. Last year, I was being served at LADIESFUND®Awards and now I am serving at the Awards.
Shamshad NabiDirector, Atlas Asset Management Ltd.
Have heard so much about the new restaurant Kolachi and when LADIESFUND® endorsed it at LEC 2013 and the entrepreneurs behind it, I decided to try it. Thanks.
By having the opportunity to address hundreds of entrepreneurs at LEC 2012 and share my journey, I was able to inspire others while also reaching out to potential clients, partners and future employees. This was an unforgettable experience.
At Lotus Client Management & Public Relations, we have been involved with the LADIESFUND® events for many years now, tying in our clients for different opportunities. We gauge this relationship to have been successful for our clients, allowing brands to connect with newer and more diverse target audiences. We look forward to continuing such a relationship in the many years to come.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON LADIESFUND®
LADIESFUND® supports the upliftment of Pakistan women with activities such as LADIESFUND® Women’s Awards, LADIESFUND® Entrepreneurship Conferences, LADIESFUND® Women of Influence Luncheon Series, LADIESFUND® Internships, LADIESFUND® mentorships and LADIESFUND® Magazine. DGF is renowned internationally for its community projects and charitable work including its partnerships with initiatives such a SOS Children’s Villages, BABYFUND® Flood Relief campaign, LADIESFUND® Fellowships/Scholarships, Cherie Blair Foundation for Women and Google Foundation, The Citizens Foundation, etc. Our merit-based scholarship program for grassroots girls is in partnership with Higher Education Commission and covers their University Education.
We currently have 140 local and international partners working with us and we have been asked by Women's Forum in France to help shape a similar model for Morocco and as such we are planning to hold LADIESFUND® International Summit featuring delegates from Morocco, Turkey and across Pakistan. As Syrian, Egyptian and other MENA women have approached us as well, we are poised to lead the MENA region in women development with our unique top-to-bottom approach to women entrepreneurship and would love your help in spreading the word to reach more and more people.